About the IGNITE Program
V-WISE IGNITE, newly launched in November 2016, is a one-day entrepreneurship training event offered in cities across the United States. This program is the perfect option for women veterans, active duty service women, and women military spouses/life-partners who are just beginning to explore the opportunity of small business ownership as a post-service career path. The program features nationally acclaimed speakers, expert instructors, local & military friendly business resource providers, and successful veteran women & military spouse entrepreneurs who will help participants to:
- explore the lifestyle of an entrepreneur
- discover the pathways to small business ownership
- connect to the community of support available to aspiring women veteran and military spouse entrepreneurs
V-WISE IGNITE is operated by the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University (IVMF). It is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the generous philanthropic support of corporate and foundation partners nationwide.
Who is Eligible:
- Honorably discharged women veterans of any military branch and service era, including National Guard and Reserve components
- Active duty women service members of any military branch, including National Guard and Reserve components
- Women spouses/same-sex life partners of above (including widowed spouses/partners)
Interested participants may register for each IGNITE offering on a first come, first served basis. Registration will open 3-6 months prior to the event. The link to register will be published on the Calendar tab of the V-WISE website.
What it Costs:
A registration fee of approximately $25 will be determined by city. Not all IGNITE programs will be subject to a registration fee. Breakfast, lunch and materials are provided during the event. Participants are responsible for their transportation costs to and from the event location (to include parking fees when applicable) and for any lodging required.